Be kind to your sensitive skin
If you have a sensitive skin, you probably know that your skin can be affected by both environmental and emotional factors. Change of season or climate, cosmetic products, detergents, pollens, and even stress, can trigger those tell- tale red blotches, dryness, and itchiness.
While there's no set-in-stone way to define a sensitive complexion, the most common signs of such skin include:
● Tingling, prickling, or burning
● Sensitivity to touch
● Flushes when eating spicy meals or drinking alcohol
● Dryness and flakiness
A truly sensitive skin is often genetic, meaning you were born with this skin type. But you’re not alone and help is at hand. The important thing is to treat your skin with tender loving care and, although that usually starts with a specially formulated sensitive skin lotion, there’s more to protecting delicate skin than just that.
Some Useful Tips to Help You Care for Sensitive Skin:
● Always read labels; if you know you are particularly sensitive to certain ingredients, avoid them
● Look out for products labelled “hypoallergenic” (less likely to have ingredients that irritate skin) especially if you suffer from allergies
● Do the patch test; put a little cream or lotion on a small area of skin and check reaction first
● Choose cosmetics and skincare products carefully; certain cosmetics like powders, pencils and silicone-based foundations are often free of irritants and gentler on skin
● Opt for fragrance-free (no added scent) skincare, same with washing detergents
● Be especially careful in the sun; a good SPF is essential to keep skin protected
● Watch what you eat; food sensitivities can often show up on the skin in the form of rashes and inflammation
● Keep skin hydrated by drinking lots of water, and limit alcohol
● Don’t take overly hot showers or baths; it can be damaging and drying to skin
● Be gentle on your skin; don’t scrub roughly, over exfoliate or overclean
● Choose gentle sensitive skin lotions and creams, focusing on ingredients, like aloe vera and chamomile, known to soothe and calm
Dawn offers an amazing sensitive skin body lotion that is fragrance-free. Choose Dawn Chamomile & Moringa Oil Body Lotion to gently soothe your skin. Those pretty blossoms on chamomile plants are not only good for tea, but they’re also an incredible skin care ingredient too. Because chamomile is known to be a natural anti-inflammatory, it can help to relieve and calm some of the symptoms of sensitive skin flare-ups. Add moringa seed oil to the mix, and you have the perfect ingredients to help soothe and protect more fragile skin.
Dawn Aloe Vera and Avocado Oil Soothing Body Cream is packed with natural emollients to hydrate delicate skin. Avos aren’t just deliciously healthy ingredients for salads and salsa. Their natural oils can deeply penetrate your skin to nourish, soften and hydrate, leaving your skin feeling sensuously smooth and nourished. Aloe Vera is another super ingredient for sensitive skin. Its cooling properties can help to soothe redness, rash, and itchiness.
So just because you have sensitive skin it doesn’t mean you have to miss out. Enjoy the soothing properties of Dawn’s sensitive skin lotion and cream to soften and moisturise even the most delicate skin.