Top Treatments For Dry Dehydrated Skin
Do you feel like your skin is dull, dry and missing that natural glow? Almost as if the life has been sucked out of your skin and you’re in need of a revival? If so, you probably have dry or dehydrated skin. No, they’re not the same but they do share similar symptoms. You might have to go the extra mile to give your skin the tender loving care it needs to help it become more manageable. It’s time to start investing in hydrating treatments for dehydrated skin.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a quick fix or magical serum that will automatically fix your dry or dehydrated skin. It takes finding the right product and what works for your skin without irritating it any further. It’s also important to note that dryness and dehydration are two totally different states of your skin.
Dawn’s Men Refresh Cooling Body Lotion is formulated to cool and refresh normal to dry skin. We know dry skin comes with tightness and redness that can be quite uncomfortable. For that reason, we enriched our body lotion with Menthol Extracts to cool, refresh and rejuvenate skin.
Dry Skin Vs Dehydrated Skin
In a nutshell, dry skin is a skin type and dehydrated skin is a condition. Dry skin is passed down through genetics and means your skin generally doesn’t produce enough natural oils. Hormonal imbalances or an underactive thyroid that can also play a part in dry skin. It’s a more permanent condition but is helped by using hydrating creams and body lotions.
Dehydrated skin is a temporary skin condition that is caused by an unhealthy lifestyle and other external factors such as the weather or change of season. The great news is that it can be fixed through lifestyle change and by using hydrating skin products.
What Are the Differences Between Dry and Dehydrated Skin?
How can you tell the difference between dry and dehydrated skin? Below are the different skin symptoms between the two.
• Rough and/or itchy skin
• Irritation and redness
• Thin, fragile skin
• Flaky skin
• Small wrinkle lines
• Tired and dull skin
• Dark under eyes
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Itchy and sensitive patches
• Tight and uncomfortable
How to Treat Dehydrated Skin?
Not all dehydrated skin treatments rely on hydrating skin products alone; sometimes it’s about changing your lifestyle completely. For your skin to glow on the outside, you have to start from the inside. Here are some of the top skin treatments to treat dehydrated skin.
1. Cut down on smoking and alcohol
2. Exercise regularly
3. Swap out your coffee for tea
4. Get your recommend eight hours of sleep per night
5. Drink more water, the key is to stay hydrated!
6. Include more fruit and vegetables in your diet and consume less meat
7. Investing in regular use of moisture-rich creams and lotions go a long way too. Try an enriching lotion like Dawn’s Shea Butter & Almond Oil Body Lotion to get your glow back
Since dehydration is not hereditary, it is mostly caused by lifestyle and external factors. The best treatment for dehydrated skin is to re-evaluate your lifestyle choices.
How to Treat Dry Skin?
Treating dry skin is a bit trickier compared to dehydrated skin. Hydrating body lotions and skin products are your source of hydration as dry skin is permanent and cannot be changed, only made more manageable. Below are some of your best resources for treating dry skin.
1. Use warm water when bathing, showering or washing your face. Hot water removes all those essential lubricating oils from your skin.
2. Avoid soaps, cleansers or body washes that are harsh and drying to your skin.
3. Choose fabrics like cotton or silk that allow your skin to breathe.
4. Moisturise generously and liberally. Dawn’s Men Refresh Body Lotion or Active Fast Absorbing Body Lotion deeply hydrates and refreshes your skin for up to 48 hours. For women, Dawn’s Cocoa Butter & Coconut Oil Body Lotion is a great choice.
Sometimes less is more, and when it comes to skincare, it is absolutely the case. Overdoing it with too many serums, oils and moisturisers can be detrimental and not give you the results you are hoping for.
Hand over your skin blues to Dawn and trust that the condition and overall appearance of your skin is in great hands. Soft, supple, and hydrated skin is what we aim to achieve with our products. If you’re interested in learning more about us and our wide range of skin-nourishing products, give our Facebook and Twitter page a follow.