Coconut Oil Uses and Benefits for Skin
Your skin deserves the very best love and care you have to offer it. As your body’s largest organ, it protects you from germs and infections and keeps you hydrated; the least you could do is return the favour. Sometimes this starts with an ingredient as simple as coconut oil. There are many benefits of coconut oil for skin that can do wonders for it when used frequently. If you suffer from dry skin, this is something you don’t want to skip in your beauty regime.
Mother nature knows best. Natural ingredients have been used for decades as essential ingredients for skin care. Our range of skin-loving creams and lotions contain only the best ingredients to nourish your skin and give it that irresistible glow.
In case you didn’t already know, coconut oil is extracted from the flesh of the coconut and then pressed into an oil. It’s been praised as a ‘miracle-worker’ for skin, which makes it more than just a cooking staple. So, what is all the hype about coconut oil?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN?
The benefits of coconut oil for skin are remarkable and unmatched. Using coconut oil as part of your natural skin care will give your skin the boost of rejuvenation you never knew you needed.
1. Intense moisturiser - Say goodbye to dry skin and hello to glowing skin! Coconut oil is rich in oils and fatty acids, making it the ideal moisturising BFF for men and women with dry or very dry skin. Dawn’s Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil Lotion & Cream are infused with the hydrating elements of coconut oil and cocoa butter to make your skin silky smooth and luxurious. Trust us when we say your skin will want nothing more than to soak up all this goodness.
2. Calms redness - Another coconut oil benefit is skin repair. Believe it or not, but coconut oil can help calm down red or irritated skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it an ideal choice for those who suffer with skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
3. Smooths skin - If you struggle with uneven skin, using coconut oil regularly can promote smoother, softer skin. Rub some oil liberally and watch your skin texture improve.
HOW TO USE COCONUT OIL IN YOUR SKINCARE REGIME
Coconut oil is anything but a one-hit-wonder. If you love creating your own products as part of your natural skin care regime, we’ve got you covered.
1. Makeup remover – Nothing works better than a bit of coconut oil on a cotton pad to remove your excess makeup. Apply half a teaspoon on a cotton pad and gently rub on your face.
2. Body scrub – DIY scrubs are great because you can add essential oils and make them your own. Add ¼ cup of coconut oil to ½ cup of sugar and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to create your unique body scrub.
3. Shave your legs – Pack away the shaving cream; coconut oil is inexpensive and the next best thing. Rub some on your legs and gently proceed with shaving.
Myth or Fact?
With so much information on the internet, it’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s just another story. We’re here to bust some myths with some #DawnFacts!
Coconut oil darkens your skin – MYTH
There is no scientific evidence to support this. There are side effects to overusing coconut oil and you should ideally consult with a dermatologist if you have sensitive skin.
Coconut oil makes your skin glow – FACT
It is naturally rich in fatty acids that absorb into your skin and intensely hydrate it, leaving you with supple and beautiful skin.
Let Dawn help you reach your #skingoals. From the glow-getter to the moisture-conscious, we’ve got a wide range of Coconut oil lotions and creams designed for both men and women to give you the skin care results you need.